Monday, May 20, 2024

Here They Go Again

Last month I was out and about in McKinley Park, when I saw a cop car cruising down a one-way street the wrong way, with no siren, no flashers, no apparent Big Important Police Stuff matter . . . . you know, just a cop ignoring basic rules of the road and safety norms . . . the same way they are 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the time I see them rolling though the neighborhood at all. I know this angle is not as serious as the killings of urban young men. Yet, I feel the two are BOTH symptomatic of the overall problem - a mindset that states: the rules don't apply to us. And driving on the streets, they are so frickin brazen. It's like they're rubbing our faces in it: laws, rules and regulations are for you, not me. Big huge problem IMO. It's infuriating.

No comments: