Sunday, February 25, 2024

So I Guess the White Sox are Trying this Again Now. #KnowYourBillionaires ep. 2

I'm a White Sox guy. I like baseball, I want the team to do well, and I live off 35th. I'm not interested in a shiny new, $1.7billion+ stadium, paid for by my taxes. Maybe put a quality team on the damn field, and someone with two brain cells to rub together in the offices? Can my tax dollars go towards that instead? This sh** is so messy and mark my words, leaving the Old Comiskey site would create big, huge, messy issues for the team. They're messing with 120+ years of tradition in Bridgeport. I have dozens of happy memories there. F*** "The 78." The Sox are massively profitable (even when they lose). We don't need to give Jerry Reinsdorf $1.7 billion.

The other thing is, if this proposition gains traction, you can write off the team for the next 4-5 years, because organizationally, the entire thing will be about "new stadium." Trust me, "decent team on the field" will get put far, far into the backburner.

This billionaire is a huge, shameless A-hole. He does not give one poop in a rat's patoot about giving White Sox fans a better actual team to root for.

They're not going to move to Nashville, they're just threatening it, so they can bilk the people of Chicago for money for a stadium. Reinsdorf practically invented this strategy: ("creating leverage") the LAST time he got a stadium built on the public dime. Remember how thre Sox were gonna move to Tampa Bay? He later basically admitted that the St. Petersburg play was a ruse. And it's still working this time! At first glance it seems like our "progressive" Mayor Brandon is totally on board! Field of Schemes.

No comments: