Tuesday, December 21, 2021

FOUND ART

In one of the dusky, dusty corners of our unheated, "nearly outside" mud/laundry room/mop bucket/back stairwell area, a small white gift bag had been growing dust bunnies since well before we moved into the house, if the layers of dust are believable. I think they are.

Thinking of nothing but tossing it finally, after noticing it for the umpteenth time, I grabbed the little Aveda cosmetics bag from its perch. Therein were mostly old ball-bearings; well, those, and this: a dusty-af, paint-stained cassette. It's Public Enemy's Apocalypse 91. . . The Enemy Strikes Black.

Am I the sort of person that has a cassette tape player in 2021? My friends, you know I am. Couldn't resist the urge to give the tape a light cleaning and try it out. The paint stains won't come off and I was worried it might not play. But it did! The quality was definitely of a 30-year-old dusty-af cassette tape level, but I'm pleased to report I now finally have this album. It was meant to be.

ADDENDUM:

Ha ha. Oh man. As I've listened through this I have come to understand that this is the clean version with all the sw**r words b**ped out. Ha ha safe for mom and dad. Well sorta.

No comments: