Saturday, March 27, 2010

Final Thoughts on the Health Care "Reform" "Debate"

At long last, there seems to be some procedural and ritual closure to this epic health care "reform" "debate." As a firm believer in single-payer universal coverage or at least a public option, watching the first and second best ideas out there get sold completely down the river by Democratic incompetence and corporate firepower was bone-chilling and nauseating in the extreme, once again proving the virtues, values, and even valors of cynicism in all things.

However, I have to admit, I am happy that the Democrats passed a bill that's going to make it easier for millions of Americans to get coverage. That was no mean feat with the shrieking right wing and the big-dollar corporate insurance lobbyists fighting tooth, claw, and nail against even the most modest reforms. And it looks like what we've got is pretty sweeping, to say the least. 32,000,000 more people with insurance and it's supposed to save money! Speaking as someone who lived most of his adult life without coverage himself, and as someone who can safely say that 20-30% of his closest friends don't have coverage as of this date, I can't help but think that this is a step in the right direction. Still though, there are smart people out there who believe that this entire thing could be a "cruel hoax." And remember, cynicism can be a type of wisdom.

At any rate, the moment that really spoke to me personally was watching Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) go Teabagger on the floor of the people's house of congress. Watch and be amazed as this braying jackass shouts "Hell no you can't!" on the house floor, looking like he just shat blood.



When I saw Boehner's speech live, I was appalled and a little frightened. But in retrospect, I can see now that any time Boehner is shitting blood, it's probably a good thing. So now I'm seeing things in a much more sun-shiney way!
MINORITY LEADER BONER: "HELL NO YOU CAN'T!!!

DtD: "Well Boner, you appear to have been wrong again."
Watch the video above and contrast this poopy-pants moron with the Speaker of the House. You just gotta love Speaker Nancy Pelosi's performance throughout this drama. She is one classy lady and I'll tell you what, her ovaries could kick the shit out of yours, in a heartbeat.

Nancy, I know you're happily married and all that, but you know, if you ever need a little extra exercise, you know some side action, I just want you to know that I'm available. You know where to find me, Madam Speaker, seriously.

I'm a teacher by trade Madam, and I would just love to give you some extra credit . . . . anyway I talk too much, not feelin it? Okay.

So yeah, it's a good week to be an American! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the sweet smell of RepubliCons shitting blood.

Mmmmm. I love it. Smells great!

That sweet sweet smell of failure . . . right wing failure. It just warms the heart of my cockles.

:-\

No comments: